Thursday, May 17, 2012

She's only 17....I mean 28


You guys, I have the most charming husband in the world! Seriously he knows how to make me swoon. For my 28th birthday he planned this epic trip to Vegas. He made plans to whisk me away from work and reveal to me where we were going on our way to the airport. Someone at church heard about it and not knowing that I had no clue what was going on, spilled the beans to me. So the trip to Vegas was revealed, but that was pretty much it. Once we arrived in Vegas, he rented a sports car (surprise number 2) and drove us to the Wynn (surprise number 3). The Wynn is the fanciest, most beautiful hotel that I have ever stayed at. I felt so spoiled!


The next day when I asked him what our plans were, he told me that we were spending the whole day at the resort's spa (surprise number 4). He scheduled messages for both of us and we had full access to the spa for as long as we wanted. I was a little nervous about the whole spa experience since the reviews said that clothing was optional (it was a woman's only spa). Gulp. On a side note, my therapist a week earlier had mentioned that I should go to a woman's spa to challenge myself one step further with my body image issues. "You know you have made it Layla if you can walk around naked at a spa!" Little did she know that CB had already made those plans for me to meet that challenge. You guys, I did it! I walked around in a towel and soaked in pools with other ladies naked! NAKED! The best part is that I didn't feel at all uncomfortable. It was so liberating! The spa was so beautiful. I could not get over what an amazing experience it was. The couples message that we had was out of this world.

That night we celebrated my birthday dinner at Marche Bacchaus. It was so good and the views were killer. CB topped the night off by given me this little beauty.  I was so floored by it all. I kept telling him that he shouldn't have! I was so overwhelmed with the amount of effort that he went to make my birthday so special. And I only turned 28! He later revealed to me that he wanted to do this for me because I am known to make a big deal out of people's birthdays and mine should be made just as big of a deal. Apparently I have taught him that birthdays should be a huge epic event.

In all reality this trip was for both of us. We needed a break badly. We also just finished working our butts off to pay a huge amount of our mortgage off and it was time to celebrate! It felt so good to finally have our "insane who the hell does this" plan accomplished in less than 3 years.


The rest of the trip we spent at the pool sipping virgin pina coladas and driving around Red Rock Canyon. Red Rock Canyon is beautiful! I wish that we had more time to spend there. Vegas has seriously exceeded my expectations. I loved every minute of our trip!

6 Grass Lovers:

Taylor said...

Hurray for being naked! I am so proud of you. I keep saying it would be good for women if we all saw each other naked more (somehow I always get weird looks when I say this). Your trip looks A-MAZING! Brock is incredible.

The Dennett's said...

Wow what a birthday! I am glad my brother knows how to spoil his wife- you deserve every ounce of it! And you went to a NAKED SPA!!! that is awesome. It sounds so liberating and relaxing. Happy Birthday!

ixoj said...

Brock = the awesome-est ever. Happy birthday to you! :)

Unknown said...

Truly epic bday present!

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

I'm late reading this, but that is unbelievably (like seriously, unbelievably!) sweet of Brock! He rocks!

You look so pretty in all the pictures, and I totally get you about how liberating a spa can feel. I've only done one, smaller version of your day (at the Trump hotel, in fact), but I was shocked at how awesome it was.

Brooklyn said...

Layla!!! What an awesome birthday present and a sweet husband- I can tell he loves you very, very much!! I've enjoyed catching up on some of your latest posts. I love your raw honesty. Have you ever read Beth Moore's book "So Long, Insecurity"? I highly recommend it!