Saturday, June 18, 2011

Online shopping in 1966



In 1966 a video was released on what life would be like in 1999. It's pretty insane how accurate the video is in regards to online shopping (they called it home shopping), bank accounts reviewing, and sending letters electronically. Wowzier!

I wonder what life will be like 40 years from now? I know that I can't remember what life was like before Twitter, Blogs, and Facebook. I mean really what did I waste my time on before? Crazy confession on my part since clearly all those daily obsessions have only been around for less than a decade.

2 Grass Lovers:

Bronwyn James said...

That's so funny. I love that the "console" requires four screens, a printer, and a digital writing unit. I can do all of that from my phone. That is gonna blow his mind.

Diana said...

This is awesome. I remember hearing something on the news when I was in Jr High I believe. The journalist said that a certain percentage of people were primarily going to do their Christmas shopping online, and that they suspected the number would double that the next year. I just laughed in my head like, "Riiight. Shopping online is too complicated."

Little did I know...