Sunday, April 10, 2011

Canned goods


Last summer, I taught myself how to can via you tube video tutorials, this awesome book and constantly bugging my friend for tips.

Right now we are benefiting from last summer's hobby and I am impressed with more than half of the items that I have made. The pickles just didn't turn out to my liking. Every time CB would eat something I canned he would sigh and say "I looove this new hobby of yours!"

It's official, I am now one step closer to becoming a Super Mormon.

7 Grass Lovers:

Lauren said...

I want to know what all you canned! Sometime soon I may venture down that road.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

You are a super star. More than just a super Mormon!

The Dennett's said...

next you're gonna be couponing! :)

(I think I only wrote that because I am watching Extreme Couponing at this very moment, haha)

Maggie Muggins said...

YUM! I love canning because of the pure enjoyment later in the year! Oh the joys of Providential Living!

Diana said...

If I could 'like' Lindsey's comment on couponing, I totally would. ;)

It absolutely blows my mind that I am still Super intimidated by canning. Dan has been super helpful in answering all my questions as well.

I canned Salsa last summer. And, it turned out alright, although a little juicy, and not as chunky or spicy as I'd like.

Next time you're canning--you should let me come help you. More hands make light work, and it will help me get practice with the process.

brightbit said...

i am so super impressed. i want to learn!

Tiffany said...

I wish I had more time for things like canning and baking. How fun! Oh and by the way, your coconut lime cupcakes sound absolutely delicious!!