Friday, February 25, 2011

Glamour

I'm not really a glamorous person. I wear make up maybe twice a month. I straighten my hair maybe up to five times a month. Basically, I am pretty lazy.

But I adore glamorous things. I love looking at the beautiful things in life. I could spend all day searching out fabulous photographers, fancy dresses, and gorgeous homes. I am a bit materialistic. I love good design.

There have only been a few times in my life when I have truly felt completely glamorous. Of course one of those times was when I got married.

The first time I really felt glamorous was when I was 16 years old (or 17, I can't remember). I had just picked up my prom dress and as soon as my photographer cousin saw it he demanded that I put it on and drive to the park to take pictures. I was a bit nervous about the whole idea of me modeling around in a prom dress. But I obliged, curled my hair and borrowed my aunt's red lipstick. I am so happy that I did.

I am about to share with you one of my all time favorite pictures of myself. It's not the best quality of a picture and it was taken with film. But I adore it.


 I am pretty glamorous. 

6 Grass Lovers:

Lucy van Pelt said...

One word. AMAZING! You really do look so glamorous. You should have a photo shoot more often so you can feed the inner diva. It's clear you have one.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Also... my one sad moment in life -- I've never worn a strapless dress. I really wish I had.

Mammodouy's Stories said...

Wow, wow, wow! Very pretty girl and amazing dress!
You do look glamorous! :)

Sonja said...

Woo weee! Anna and I agree that you are stunningly beautiful. As always. :)

Laura said...

love the red against your dark hair. sizzlin' -)

Pretty Zesty said...

That dress is BANANAS! In a good way of course!