Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Sleep Deprived Moms are Rock Stars

Today I babysat for a friend and had the following conversation with the five year old.

Me: K what time do you guys get up? It's like 9 AM, are you guys usually up by now? I mean you're not in school so WHY are you guys up???

K: We get up at 7 AM, sometimes earlier. We just get up when the sun comes up.

Me: WOOO sometimes earlier than 7 AM? Do you guys take naps? It's 9 AM and I already feel like I need a nap.

K: No we don't take naps, naps are for kids.

Me: Staring at her like she just spoke gibberish.

Geez, I can't even function like a normal person before 10 AM. Dear husband, let's not have kids until we are well into our mid/late thirties. I need to get all the sleep that I can.

3 Grass Lovers:

Amie said...

I knew someone once whose son would wake her up saying "the sun is up, time to get up!". So she put black curtains over his windows when he went to bed. True story.

Maggie Muggins said...

Ha ha ha. Yes it's true! 7AM is sleeping in for my kids. I need all the sleep I can get (usually 6.5 hours a night), but unfortunately, here I am, wide awake at 4AM because the baby is teething.

Holli said...

Lol! So true! My kids wake up with the sun every day, (they're bedroom windows face east, bad idea) We hung dark wooden blinds in their rooms and covered those with double layered curtains to help keep the sun out. It kinda works.