Thursday, May 08, 2008

Q&A About Our Big Decision

***Update: My dear friend Kelly asked a question that I completely forgot! I've included it as the number one question.

Many of you have asked me questions about our move to California. I decided that this would be a great opportunity to answer all questions in one setting. So here we go:

Q. WHEN ARE YOU MOVING TO CALIFORNIA????
A. Brock's first day of work is May 27th. I will be in Seattle until someone rents our house. Who knows it could be months. Any one interested in a house?

Q. Where in California are you guys moving to?
A. We don't know! Brock will be working in Mountain View, Ca so most likely we will be living somewhere in the Bay Area.

Q. Was Brock even looking for a job?
A. NO! This company contacted him through Linkedin. He originally sent them an email saying he wasn't interested, and after he did some research he decided to give it a try.

Q. Did Brock not like working for Amazon.com?
A. No he loved his job and learned so much there. He will miss his team mates and I will miss all of amazons little perks.

Q. What is the name of the company that offered Brock a job and what do they do?
A. He will be working for Meebo.com and they are a web based instant messenger.

Q. What is so great about this company that made you guys want to work for them?
A. I don't know ask Brock. Actually it is a start up that is having a lot of success. We both feel that this could be a huge career move for Brock. How can you turn down a company that gives you exactly what you wanted salary wise and a share of the company itself? It's a win win situation and we don't have much to lose.

Q. Was this an easy decision?
A. No, not at all. For a solid month we prayed, fasted,went to the temple, and lost many hours of sleep. There were many days were I cried as we drove to work because we could not make a decision!

Q. Are you really excited about moving?
A. Ok I'll be honest about this. Brock is really excited and I'm excited that he will be doing what he wants to do with his career. I'm not excited to leave my beautiful home that we just bought nor am I really excited about leaving Seattle. I ADORE Seattle and I'm really upset that we are leaving it all behind. I just got comfortable here and for the first time I found a place that I can call home. I'll be honest, I cried for hours after he accepted the offer. The whole idea about moving is beginning to grow on me and I'll get over it. At least I'll get to enjoy the sun all year around.

1 Grass Lovers:

ixoj said...

YES. I finally found your blog! You didn't answer 1 important question: WHEN are you moving to California?

-Kelly Zirker :)