Friday, May 23, 2008

G is for Gelato

For G, Brock and I experienced the wonderful world of gelato. It really became an obsessions, that is until I gained some weight. Our first stop was at a cafe in Campbell, Ca. Their gelato was the best that we had. I sampled the hazelnut and Fragola while Brock had the Pistachio.




Our next stop was at Oh Gelato in Victoria, B.C. As soon as we stepped off the clipper and saw the little gelato shop, I had to have some. They had over 60 flavors so this became a little complicated. Both Brock and I decided that this was our least favorite. It wasn't light and fluffy like the previous gelato we had.



The following day we went to Liberty Gelato & Ice Cream. I had strawberry cheese cake while Brock enjoyed the hazelnut and chocolate. It was pretty good, but they only take cash. I had American dollars and got Canadian dollars in change. Kinda lame since the American dollar has a little bit more value....




Today Brock and I had the best gelato ever! We thought that our search for the best gelato was long over until we found the Chocolate Box. We happened to pass by it on our way to Elliotts for dinner and could not resist the temptation. It was the smoothest gelato I have ever had and definitely worth the pit stop. The hazelnut is a must and Brock loved his choice of pistachio. I'm sad that we found this cute little shop just as we are about to leave Seattle!

3 Grass Lovers:

Brock said...

Wow, I'm amazed that you kept track of the names of all of the flavors that we ate and all of the other details.

Sonja said...

oooh I LOVE gelato too. I can't believe you guys are moving before we got a chance to come visit you up there. I guess we'll just have to go down to CA now. :)

Good luck with the move.

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

um hello...where the heck is H...it happened forever ago! I miss you. Alaska is cold and lonely. I hope you are keeping busy enough and you're not pulling out your hair for boredom and loneliness and the scariness of driving a stick shift up that ridiculous hill.